SV: Python Productivity over C++

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Jun 13 10:19:10 EDT 2000

In article <394625A3.4489C696 at muc.das-werk.de>,
Thomas Thiele  <thiele at muc.das-werk.de> wrote:

>I think the more complex the program is the more C++ is the better
>choice.
>
>It is very easy and fast to write short effective programs with python.
>But in larger programs a lot of time is spend for developing and
>testing the algorithm.

Yup.  And that's precisely why Python looks better and better as your
programs get larger.  Python allows you to concentrate on your problem
rather than the language.  Python literally allows you to develop the
code for your algorithm in realtime, rather than designing your
algorithm and *then* writing the code to match your algorithm.

See Eric Raymond's article in the Linux Journal for more details:
http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue73/3882.html
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"real love can't be explained by simplistic platitudes."  --piranha