Newbie Q: Zope with static content?

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Wed Jan 19 15:22:07 EST 2000

Probably better at zope at zope.org.

    Aaron> Is there anyway Zope can read a file straight off the disk,

Not that I'm aware of.  It really likes to stick to its database.  On the
other hand, perhaps some enterprising Zoper has written a product to do this
by now.

    Aaron> presumably within it's own directory structure? (I've Zope
    Aaron> installed at /var/zope) I could run an Apache process just to
    Aaron> server the webcam, but I would like to avoid doing that.  The
    Aaron> other option I see is to have the jpeg uploaded to the Zope FTP
    Aaron> server.  I'm having problems getting xtp to work.

ftp to the Zope Server is what I would recommend.  It does work.

    Aaron> Also, I think it'd be handy, for other reasons, to know how one
    Aaron> can get Zope running zserver to access static content saved as
    Aaron> flat files on the filesystem.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098