Python and MAPI

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Wed Jan 19 17:20:38 EST 2000

>Well, here is an extract of the file produced by makepy (under
>gen_py): - BTW, I selected the "OLE/Messaging 1.0 Object
>Library" not sure what is the msoutlk85.olb.-

It's got someting to do with MS Outlook, and it's not the right
file (as you've pointed out).  A few of the attribute names
matched and did what I expected Subject and Size, for example and
that led me down the wrong path for a while.

Once I finally realized that I had the wrong object
definitions, I then found that the definitions for the correct
objects are the ones in the cdo.dll library.

Things are working much better now.  :)

Thanks for the pointers.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I am having FUN... I
                                  at               wonder if it's NET FUN or