Newbie Q: Zope with static content?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at ub.d.umn.edu
Wed Jan 19 12:17:55 EST 2000

Good day,
	I hope this is an appropriate newsgroup to discuss this -- I read
this newsgroup offen, but do not subscribe to the Zope mailing list(s).
	I am currently using Zope to develop some web-based applications,
and am really liking it.  Also, I am needing to have a webcam for this
site.  I had it working fine under Apache simply updating the jpeg on the
disk every 30 seconds.  But Zope, as far as I can see, cannot access
"static" content straight off the disk -- like I was doing with the webcam
jpegs with Apache.
	Is there anyway Zope can read a file straight off the disk,
presumably within it's own directory structure? (I've Zope installed at
/var/zope)  I could run an Apache process just to server the webcam, but I
would like to avoid doing that.  The other option I see is to have the
jpeg uploaded to the Zope FTP server.  I'm having problems getting xtp to
work.
	Also, I think it'd be handy, for other reasons, to know how one
can get Zope running zserver to access static content saved as flat files
on the filesystem.

Thanks in advance!
Aaron