Quick Python v.s. Learning Python

William Park cv601 at torfree.net
Tue Jan 4 17:38:30 EST 2000

Art Pollard (Pollarda at Lextek.com) wrote:
: I just purchased Programming Python.  As I am
: totally new to Python, I learned from this book
: that I want to learn more.  Unfortunely, I don't
: think this is the best book for a Python newbie.
: (Though from what I've seen, it makes a good
: language reference.)

: So right now, I am looking for another learning
: book.  The two which popout are:

: Quick Python (In my local bookstore)
: Learning Python (Not in stock but obtainable)

: Does anyone have any preferences / recommendations???

: I have extensive C/C++ experience but would like a good
: book to help me break through the wall and reach that
: Ahhh Haaaa experience when the language becomes clear.
: (I still remember the Ahhhh Haaa from many years ago
: when I figured out C's pointers... What a day. :-)

: -Art

I recommend "The Quick Python Book" --- the layout and the typesetting are
better.  So is the content, but it's biased opinion.

William Park