Python & Apache

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Tue Jan 4 18:20:21 EST 2000

Hi All--

Jeff Bauer wrote:

> Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
> > The biggest gotcha is that the Python scripts *must* start with
> >
> >         #!c:\Python\python.exe
> >
> > (or wherever Python actually lives). You can't use
> >
> >         #!/usr/local/bin/python
> >
> > because Apache won't find it, even if the path exists
> > on Apache's drive--it insists on the driveletter and
> > the backslashes.
>
> Hi Ivan.
>
> My notes document otherwise.  I could be wrong, since
> I don't use the latest Win32/Apache, but I just copy
> python.exe into C:\usr\local\bin and I can use
> portable (for some loose definition of "portability")
> python cgi scripts between Unix and NT.
>
> http://starship.python.net/crew/jbauer/apachenotes/

Well, whatdya know.  As long as apache and python live on the same
drive, it does work.

Last time I read the release notes from Apache, they said that it
*required* the windows-style pathname.  Looks like they relaxed that
requirement.

Cool.

Thanks, Jeff.

Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours