(no subject)

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 09:09:00 EST 2000

Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl at pobox.com> writes:

> <quote name="Tim Peters" date="951429366">
> > [Def P]
> > > I still don't understand the benefit of string methods
> > > over oldfashioned string functions...
> >
> > The string functions aren't going away, so feel free to ignore string
> > methods if they  don't appeal to you.
>
> Aren't they becoming obsolete? Won't the string be deprecated?
> Not sure what's the difference ;)

Well, the string module can't be made obsolete just yet, as there are
some things in it that are not string methods (string.lowercase &
friends, for starters).

Cheers,
M.

--
very few people approach me in real life and insist on proving they are
drooling idiots.                         -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp