A comp.lang.python code snippet archive?

Hans Nowak hnowak at cuci.nl
Mon Feb 28 13:43:57 EST 2000

On 28 Feb 00, at 16:03, Adrian Eyre wrote:

> > Wouldn't it be awfully neat if there were, say a website with all
> > the code snippets ever posted to comp.lang.python?
>
> Not sure if it's still being updated or not:
>
> http://tor.dhs.org/~zephyrfalcon/snippets/

I haven't had much time to add new stuff, lately. :(  Aside from that, I've
been doubting if I should continue this project... is the site being used
by anyone at all? Sometimes I doubt that, I do not get many reactions nor
contributions. (Yes, I did get *some* snippets from some kind people,
thanks!) Most of the code must be extracted from newsgroup messages, which
is difficult for me to do these days, since every day over 100 new messages
are posted.

I would like to know:
* if it's still worthwile to continue this site
* what kind of improvements I could make (a search engine would be cool but
I don't know much about CGI)

Ideas, anyone?

--Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at hvision.nl)
Homepage: http://fly.to/zephyrfalcon
You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.