Just tested Tcl/Tk 8.3.0 with Python: It works (on SuSE Linux)!

michael shiplett walrus at ans.net
Thu Feb 24 14:14:40 EST 2000

"pf" == Peter Funk <pf at artcom-gmbh.de> writes:

pf> But since the Python test suite currently does nothing with
pf> Tkinter, my testing of the Tkinter/Tcl/Tk 8.3 combo is still
pf> incomplete.

"gvr" == Guido van Rossum <guido at cnri.reston.va.us> writes:

gvr> Since Tk is interactive, it's hard to test automatically.

Just another data point regarding python-1.5.2 + tcl/tk-8.3.0. Last
week I built sketch-0.6.5[1] using the aforementioned releases on
solaris 2.5.1, solaris 7, and linuxppc R5. It's worked without problem
on all three platforms.

michael

1. a vector graphics program a la adobe illustrator.