building on linux w/o threads?

firefly64 at my-deja.com firefly64 at my-deja.com
Sun Apr 16 21:16:24 EDT 2000

Hi,
I'm trying to build python 1.5.2 on a linux box
but without thread support. I'm using gcc 2.9.5,
on Mandrak Linux 6.1 kernel version 2.2.14

Even though my system has threads, I don't want
any thread support in python (no linkage to libpthreads).
I just can't seem to convince the build process
to proceed without threads.

I've done everything I can think of, including
./configure --without-thread and editing the
Makefiles to include -DWITH_THREAD=0. The build
process still always either produces a python
linked to libpthreads or dies complaining about
not being able to find various thread functions.
(Yes, I've done make clean).

The reason I'm doing this is because I'm trying to
get httpdapy to work. The author suggested that I
try building a python without threads.

Thanks a lot everyone,
mike salib

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/