building on linux w/o threads?

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 16 21:40:12 EDT 2000

firefly64 at my-deja.com writes:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to build python 1.5.2 on a linux box
> but without thread support. I'm using gcc 2.9.5,
> on Mandrak Linux 6.1 kernel version 2.2.14
>
> Even though my system has threads, I don't want
> any thread support in python (no linkage to libpthreads).
> I just can't seem to convince the build process
> to proceed without threads.
>
> I've done everything I can think of, including
> ./configure --without-thread and editing the
> Makefiles to include -DWITH_THREAD=0. The build
> process still always either produces a python
> linked to libpthreads or dies complaining about
> not being able to find various thread functions.
> (Yes, I've done make clean).

That's odd.  Have you tried running configure with no arguments at
all?  Reading through config.log?

Not much use I know, but "it works here".  My system is RedHat 6.1,
but in other respects is the same.

HTH (but I doubt it),
Michael

--
41. Some programming languages manage to absorb change, but
    withstand progress.