building on linux w/o threads?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon Apr 17 03:47:38 EDT 2000

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 01:16:24AM +0000, firefly64 at my-deja.com wrote:

> I've done everything I can think of, including
> ./configure --without-thread and editing the
> Makefiles to include -DWITH_THREAD=0.

Dont do that :) Just do a 'make distclean' (possibly backupping your
Modules/Setup file first, if you dont want to edit it again) and do
./configure without *any* thread related options (you can use --prefix= and
such, of course.)

> The build process still always either produces a python linked to
> libpthreads or dies complaining about not being able to find various
> thread functions. (Yes, I've done make clean).

The latter, complaints about the thread functions, is probably because you
changed the WITH_THREAD option in the Makefile without editing the
Modules/Setup.thread file. If you disable threading by hand, be sure to
comment the line about the thread module, in that file. (It's the only
uncommented line there ;)

Make distclean && ./configure should do the trick, though.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>