Tk,GTK or Qt ?

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Thu Oct 14 11:55:48 EDT 1999

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:50:22 -0400, Thomas A. Bryan <tbryan at python.net> wrote:
>I don't know much about PyGtk.  Using PyQt is just like using Qt
>from C++.  Thus, you can basically use your Python reference and
>the standard Qt docs.  Of course, if you don't know C++ and have
>never used Qt before, you might find it difficult to produce anything
>useful at first.
>
>I've also heard good things about wxWindows (sp?).  I'm sure someone
>will pop up with a URL.

 www.wxwindows.org :-) (and the link to wxPython from there).

 The same comments apply to it as to wxQt, although wxWindows docs have some
items specifically for Python programmers. BTW, wxWindows has a GTK port (the
best port for Unix systems right now), so it competes more with PyGtk
probably.

 Regards,
VZ