Tk,GTK or Qt ?

Timothy R Evans tre17 at pc142.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Oct 14 18:26:10 EDT 1999

muniff at yahoo.com (Ahmad Munif) writes:

> i think Tkinter is good, but lack of widgets (i need table widget,notebook
> widget, etc).
> PyGtk and PyQt have complete widgets, but poor of documentation.
>
> i am really confused. what should i do now , which one the best to build
> my database application ?

The pygtk module is reasonably easy to use.  You can work out a lot
from reading C programs, the C documentation, the gtk module source
and some python examples.  The mapping from the C functions to python
methods is straightforward.

Having never used Qt I'm not really qualified to recommend GTK over
Qt, but I'll do it anyway: GTK is really good, use it!

Seriously, maybe you should have a look at both of them and get back
to us on which one you think is better.

--
Tim Evans