Tk,GTK or Qt ?

Thomas A. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Oct 14 10:50:22 EDT 1999

Ahmad Munif wrote:

> i think Tkinter is good, but lack of widgets (i need table
> widget,notebook widget, etc).
> PyGtk and PyQt have complete widgets, but poor of documentation.

I don't know much about PyGtk.  Using PyQt is just like using Qt
from C++.  Thus, you can basically use your Python reference and
the standard Qt docs.  Of course, if you don't know C++ and have
never used Qt before, you might find it difficult to produce anything
useful at first.

I've also heard good things about wxWindows (sp?).  I'm sure someone
will
pop up with a URL.  Otherwise, just look for comp.lang.python posts
about Tk and wxWindows.  In fact, someone once created a web page
summarizing the many GUI toolkits/libraries for which there are
Python interfaces.  I'll try to dig up the URL for you.

> i am really confused. what should i do now , which one the best to build
> my database application ?

Whichever one helps you create the app quickly and robustly. ;)

---Tom