Module for generic platform information: platform.py

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Wed Oct 27 05:07:31 EDT 1999

Adrian Eyre wrote:

> > The new upload (version 0.3.1) should fix this.
>
> Yup. I now get:
>
> Windows-NT-4.0
>
> Any chance of this module going into the standard Python package.
>
> BTW: You can add in detection for Minix as well. I should be able
> to test this.
>
> The canonical way is to check for the presence of the file:
>
> /usr/include/minix/config.h
>
> But you might be able to get information from uname as well.

Could you send me the output of platform.py when run on Minix ?
Plus perhaps the result of calling platform.uname() and
platform.architecture(). Both can be found in the latest version
of platform.py (0.3.2):

	http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/platform.py

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                    65 days left