Module for generic platform information: platform.py

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Wed Oct 27 04:55:19 EDT 1999

> The new upload (version 0.3.1) should fix this.

Yup. I now get:

Windows-NT-4.0

Any chance of this module going into the standard Python package.

BTW: You can add in detection for Minix as well. I should be able
to test this.

The canonical way is to check for the presence of the file:

/usr/include/minix/config.h

But you might be able to get information from uname as well.

Adrian Eyre <mailto:a.eyre at optichrome.com>
Optichrome Computer Solutions Ltd
Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5HX, UK
Tel: +44 1483 740 233  Fax: +44 1483 760 644
http://www.optichrome.com