Module for generic platform information: platform.py

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Thu Oct 28 04:51:31 EDT 1999

> Could you send me the output of platform.py when run on Minix ?
> Plus perhaps the result of calling platform.uname() and
> platform.architecture(). Both can be found in the latest version
> of platform.py (0.3.2):

uname -a returns:
Minix bart 2.0 2 i686
OS, node, OS version, OS patchlevel, processer

I assume that i686 is a P2 which is what I have.

Script returns:
Minix-2.0-i686-i386
OS, OS version, processor, OS architecture version

Minix has 2 versions, an i86 used for anything less than a 386, and an i386
version for a 386 or better.

Adrian Eyre <mailto:a.eyre at optichrome.com>
Optichrome Computer Solutions Ltd
Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5HX, UK
Tel: +44 1483 740 233  Fax: +44 1483 760 644
http://www.optichrome.com