Troubles installing PythonCE

William Peterson wpeterson at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed May 5 10:31:50 EDT 1999

Could you please post the manufacturer and model of your HPC for the benefit
of whoever decides to work on the problem? I had exactly the same results as
you when trying to install to my HP620LX. I saw a recent report of someone who
was sucessful installing to an HP680 Journada. It has an SH3 processor BUT
also has the latest WinCE OS (not 2.0). So far that is the only report of
success on an SH3 handheld.

I've had some email conversation with Mark Hammond, the gentleman who did the
port, and it appears that all the proper files are being installed to the
proper places. Unfortunately, he doesn't have access to an SH3 machine and I
don't know if anyone else has taken up the task of working this problem.

you may be able to find some more information there.

Bill