PythonWin problems

peter_carl at my-dejanews.com peter_carl at my-dejanews.com
Thu May 6 14:35:23 EDT 1999

I am having an installation problem with PythonWin build 125 that I don't see
documented anywhere.

Installation seems to go well, without error messages.  Then when I start
PythonWin, I get a "Failed to create empty document" message, then:

File "C:\Program
Files\Python\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\intpyapp.py", line 112, in InitInstance
interact.CreateInteractiveWindowUserPreference()
File "C:\Program
Files\Python\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\interact.py", line 449, in
CreateInteractiveWindowUserPreference
CreateInteractiveWindow(makeDoc, makeFrame)
File "C:\Program
Files\Python\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\interact.py", line 454, in
CreateInteractiveWindow
edit = CInteractivePython(makeDoc=makeDoc,makeFrame=makeFrame)
File "C:\Program
Files\Python\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\interact.py", line 424, in __init__
vw.OutputGrab()        # Release at cleanup.
exceptions.AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'OutputGrab'

I'm running Python 1.5.3 on a Windows NT 4.0 machine.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Many thanks in advance -

Peter Carl
pcarl at gsbalum.uchicago.edu