A tkinter kick-off

Cameron Laird claird at Starbase.NeoSoft.COM
Wed Jun 2 07:17:01 EDT 1999

In article <37544a32.0 at news1.mcmail.com>,
Mark Butterworth <mrkbutty at mcmail.com> wrote:
>I've been using python for a few months now (I've actually managed to
>persuade my company that freeware is a viable tool) and I've just started
>looking at tkinter.  However,  my first little project doesn't  require an
>interactive window or dialog box.  What I do require is a window which
>displays the result's of my background processing.  The processing will
>simply be the compression and network transfer of some files.  I'm not
>looking for a full solution however, I just need a help starting off.  I can
>create a window containing a listbox alright, I just need to know how to
>process in the background and display results within the listbox (maybe a
>cancel button would also be useful).
			.
			.
			.
<URL:http://
Starbase.NeoSoft.COM/~claird/comp.lang.tcl/tcl-examples.html#fileevent>
hints at what you're after.
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html
claird at NeoSoft.com      +1 281 996 8546 FAX