A tkinter kick-off

Mark Butterworth mrkbutty at mcmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:58:01 EDT 1999

I've been using python for a few months now (I've actually managed to
persuade my company that freeware is a viable tool) and I've just started
looking at tkinter.  However,  my first little project doesn't  require an
interactive window or dialog box.  What I do require is a window which
displays the result's of my background processing.  The processing will
simply be the compression and network transfer of some files.  I'm not
looking for a full solution however, I just need a help starting off.  I can
create a window containing a listbox alright, I just need to know how to
process in the background and display results within the listbox (maybe a
cancel button would also be useful).

Any help appreciated!?!