Scientific Plotting?

Robert Kern kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Jul 21 17:46:18 EDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:03:52 GMT, lazrnerd at ufl.edu (Craig Schardt)
wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:43:48 GMT, kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov (Robert Kern)
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:02:01 PDT, "Michael Huster"
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>>Gnuplot: Runs gnuplot through a pipe. All of the data (upto many MB) also
>>>has to go through the pipe. Unsat. I want to plot efficiently.
>>
>>The Gnuplot module as updated by Michael Haggerty
>>(http://monsoon.harvard.edu/~mhagger/download/) puts the data into
>>temporary files.  Pipes are used for commands only.  If you haven't
>>used it recently, you might want to try it again.
>>

>I have modified Michael Haggerty's Gnuplot.py to work under Windows.
>The Windows version of Gnuplot doesn't support pipes but there is a
>helper application, pgnuplot, which works around this problem and
>provides a pipe interface. The combination works well on NT and 98
>with PythonWin.

I've done the same thing, but I don't think I required PythonWin (as
in, Mark Hammond's win32 extensions).

>If anyone is interested in these programs, please let me know.
>
>-craig.
>lazrnerd at ufl.edu

Robert Kern           |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
This space            | Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
intentionally         |           - Richard Harter
left blank.           |