Scientific Plotting?

Craig Schardt lazrnerd at ufl.edu
Wed Jul 21 09:03:52 EDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:43:48 GMT, kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov (Robert Kern)
wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:02:01 PDT, "Michael Huster"
>
>[snip]
>
>>Gnuplot: Runs gnuplot through a pipe. All of the data (upto many MB) also
>>has to go through the pipe. Unsat. I want to plot efficiently.
>
>The Gnuplot module as updated by Michael Haggerty
>(http://monsoon.harvard.edu/~mhagger/download/) puts the data into
>temporary files.  Pipes are used for commands only.  If you haven't
>used it recently, you might want to try it again.

I have modified Michael Haggerty's Gnuplot.py to work under Windows.
The Windows version of Gnuplot doesn't support pipes but there is a
helper application, pgnuplot, which works around this problem and
provides a pipe interface. The combination works well on NT and 98
with PythonWin.

If anyone is interested in these programs, please let me know.

-craig.
lazrnerd at ufl.edu