IDLE's PyShell

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at compaq.com
Wed Jul 21 23:02:25 EDT 1999

Tim Peters wrote:

> just-stop-opening-and-closing-the-shell<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

Easier said than done when the "flatten" and "close"
gadgets are so close together up there in the corner
of the window. It's very easy to hit the wrong one
in the heat of battle.

By the way, is there any way to create a window that
doesn't have, for example, a close gadget? I think
I've seen windows like that in other Windows apps,
but I can't find any way of doing it in Tkinter.
I'd really like to expunge the close gadgets from
my modal dialogues -- they're so utterly useless
there...

Greg