IDLE's PyShell

Mark C Favas mark at chem.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 27 04:17:36 EDT 1999

Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at compaq.com> writes:

>By the way, is there any way to create a window that
>doesn't have, for example, a close gadget? I think
>I've seen windows like that in other Windows apps,
>but I can't find any way of doing it in Tkinter.

Try

f = Tk.Toplevel()
f.transient(parent)

to get a window without the close button - /F has some documentation on this at
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x8886-style-methods.htm

Mark
--
Email  - mark at chem.uwa.edu.au      ,-_|\                           Mark C Favas
Phone  - +61 9 380 3482           /     \               Department of Chemistry