IDLE's PyShell

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jul 21 18:30:10 EDT 1999

Vladimir Marangozov wrote in message <3795F12D.91B820BB at inrialpes.fr>...

>function call, I would have submitted a patch. But I don't know very well
>the shell logic, so I'll let somebody else do it for me.

As long as you arent holding your breath, you should be fine :-)  OTOH,
maybe this is a good way to learn the shell logic.  No one in the world
understood the PyShell logic when released except the author (Guido).  The
rest of us had to read the source like you do.

>I get a huge output, containing the entire PyShell.py source...
>With all due respect to PyShell.py, its source shouldn't be there, isn't
it?

Why does this bother you?  This is an implementation detail of IDLE.  Its
downside is the memory usage, but the upside is that IDLE works.

Unless this is causing you a specific problem, then why worry?

Mark.