XML-RPC and firewall [solution]

Jeffrey Kunce kuncej at mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Fri Jul 2 18:08:19 EDT 1999

I have been playing with XML-RPC on my intranet, but
found that Fredrik's xmlrpclib.py wouldn't talk to external
servers through our firewall.

Since urllib has proxy-server support built-in, I wrote a
urllib-based transport plugin for xmlrpclib.py (attached).
Now I can speak XML-RPC with the rest of the world :-)

Testing on this has been minimal - use at your own risk.
If it checks out, maybe /F will include it in the distribution.

  --Jeff