Why use Python when we've got Perl?

Xah xah at best.com
Sun Aug 22 07:51:08 EDT 1999

>From: miker3 at ix.netcom.com (Michael Rubenstein)
>
> The problem in comp.lang.perl.misc is not the beginners -- it is
> the regulars.

We, as Perl programers, enjoy what we do. Flaming is part of the culture,
not to mention a good training ground for stupid newbies. Rather a nice
multi-purpose filtering system. If you have thick skin and you endured, then
you have what to takes to be a Perl preacher like us. Otherwise, we're more
than happy to kick you back to your dustless hospital room or research labs.

Perl wouldn't be a nice community without bad asses like Tom Christensan,
Chris Nador and some other regulars I don't want to mention now. We thrive
on smiting newbies. We live to smite each other too. If you start to feel
uncomfy,  get out.

un'stand?

PS I love Tommy's automatic email manifesto on newsgroup line formats. I got
few of them in the past, and I lived to tell the tale. One day I'll write a
bot that bounce one for one of every his spams. Here in comp.lang.perl.misc,
we learn by doing.

 Xah
 xah at best.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/PageTwo_dir/more.html
 "I -- like many unix weenies -- love stupid nonsensical quotes."
       --autononymous