Is Python dying?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Apr 2 17:49:09 EST 1999

This is really useless information, but I guess I along with most
other people are fascinated by top ten lists and movie grosses and
... Amazon.com sales ranks.

Title                          Amazon.com Sales Rank
Learning Python                       1,570
Programming Python                    1,685
Python : Pocket Reference             3,218
Internet Programming With Python      8,720
Mastering Regular Expressions           931
Programming Perl, 2nd ed.                81
Perl Cookbook                           136
The C Programming Language              478
The C++ Programming Language          1,003
Tcl and the Tk Toolkit                3,362

Learning Python seems to be selling well for a book that hasn't been
shipped. :-)

Jeremy