Is Python dying?

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Mon Apr 5 10:08:14 EDT 1999

Jim Richardson wrote:

[about printed Python docs]

> I used mpage to condense them down to 2 pages per 8x11 sheet, and
> then printed odd/even, cycled the paper throgh the laser printer twice,
> bound them with those little springy plastic spiral things, and
> viola, a 5x8, Reference with the tutorial, the api, &etc all at once.
>  Took something a little over 100 pages. I would have printed 4 to a page
> but I couldn't figure how to make mpage do the registering properly for
> 2 stage double sided printing.

Well, not bad. :-)
4 to a page would be a mess for my eyes, BTW.

I printed the manuals once when 1.4 was out, then never again.
But I would buy it as a book if it were available.
Therefore, I decided to take this as a toy project,
and to turn this all into a real book, with Framemaker.
I'm currently seeking for a publisher who wants it,
and I will prepare a book with the Python docs around
July (being occupied before).
I hope that this will be already for Python 1.6.

cheers - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net