Is Python dying?

David Steuber trashcan at david-steuber.com
Fri Apr 2 19:40:48 EST 1999

Marco Mariani <m.mariani at imola.nettuno.it> writes:

-> I'm new to python - new and committed, and not "committed" as in MS speak.
-> I've known I'm here to stay since day 1. The only thing about Python I wish
-> would be better is Mark's book - I would settle for something easier to
-> find things in, I use the index too often. But, sure, I would have
-> bought it had it been printed pure ASCII on a dot matrix printer.

I recently finished reading the Python tutorial and am now working on
the library reference.  I am very impressed with the online
documentaton that came with the Python that SuSE 6.0 included
(1.5.1).

It looks to be a very nice, easy language.  I am considering using it
as an extension/scripting language for a project I am designing.  This
is after eliminating Perl, ECMAScript, and ANSI Common Lisp.

Did this thread start out as a troll?  I rather get the impression
that Python will be a language that will enjoy a growing user base as
more people become aware of it.  I'll take it over VBScript any day.
Just don't take my Perl away :-).

--
David Steuber
http://www.david-steuber.com

s/trashcan/david/ to reply by mail
If you don't, I won't see it.

If you live in a country run by committee, be on the committee.
		-- Graham Summer