[Python-Dev] externals?

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Nov 17 23:47:57 CET 2012

Zitat von Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com>:

> Thanks for your pro-tip.  Might I suggest that it ought to go into
> the dev FAQ?  Along with an explanation that a windows dev has to
> have SVN installed too, just for the laughs?
> I think there might be a benefit to moving at least the current
> externals to a separate HG repository.  We could easily have
> multiple branches in that repo reflecting the required externals for
> each version under active HG development).

Feel free to work on this. Consider that using hg may significantly
increase the amount of network traffic, since the repo(s) will contain
multiple versions, when only one specific version is needed.

When working on this, try to come up with other automated download
procedures, e.g. ones that do not involve revision control and have
support built into Windows.

Regards,
Martin