[Python-Dev] Community buildbots (was Re: User's complaints)

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 14 06:32:52 CEST 2006

    Fred> It feels like the release cycle from alpha1 to final has gotten
    Fred> increasingly rushed.

Same here.  I believe there was some shortening of the 2.5 release cycle two
or three months ago.  I don't recall why or by how much, but I think the
acceleration has resulted in a lot of the "can't we please squeeze this one
little change in?" that's been happening.  Shortening a micro release a bit
seems reasonably easy to accommodate, but since minor releases occur so
infrequently, I think it would be better to stretch them out if necessary.

Skip