[Python-Dev] Community buildbots (was Re: User's complaints)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Jul 14 07:39:38 CEST 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 00:32, skip at pobox.com wrote:
 > Same here.  I believe there was some shortening of the 2.5 release cycle
 > two or three months ago.  I don't recall why or by how much, but I think
 > the acceleration has resulted in a lot of the "can't we please squeeze
 > this one little change in?" that's been happening.  Shortening a micro
 > release a bit seems reasonably easy to accommodate, but since minor
 > releases occur so infrequently, I think it would be better to stretch them
 > out if necessary.

The squeezing of the releases isn't where the problem is, I think.  It's that,
once squeezed, more releases aren't being added to compensate.  We really
need to determine what time we need to go from beta1 to (gamma|rc)1, and then
from (gamma|rc)1 to final.  Plenty of interim releases in the beta phase is
good.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>