[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Jul 30 00:28:49 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 00:50, Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> Another thing to look at would be Trac, which we are in the process of
> moving to from the horrendous nightmare of Bugzilla.  It's integration
> with SVN as well as Wiki is quite amazing.

Now's the time I pipe in to remind everyone that Atlassian has offered
free (as in beer) versions of Jira and Confluence for the Python project
(actually any open source project).  If you haven't used these, they're
definitely worth a look.  Jira is the issue tracker, Confluence the
wiki.  They're extremely professional, usable, well-integrated, and you
can integrate them with Subversion.  We've used them at work for maybe a
year now and I've been very happy with them.  Jira is definitely one of
the better issue trackers, free or not free, that I've used.

www.atlassian.com

They're not Python and they're not open source, so perhaps it's
legitimate to dismiss them because of that.  But they are also
definitely cool.  At the Atlassian folks are very cool too, and fans of
FOSS.

-Barry