[Python-Dev] PEP 347: Migration to Subversion

Jack Diederich jack at performancedrivers.com
Tue Aug 16 15:00:46 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:08:26PM +1000, Anthony Baxter wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 21:42, Michael Hudson wrote:
> > I want svn, I think.  I'm open to more sophisticated approaches but am
> > not sure that any of them are really mature enough yet.  Probably will
> > be soon, but not soon enough to void the effort of moving to svn
> > (IMHO).
> >
> > I'm not really a release manager these days, but if I was, I'd wand
> > svn for that reason too.
>
> I _am_ a release manager these days, and I'm in favour of svn. I really
> want to be off CVS, and I would love to be able to go with something
> more sophisticated than svn. Unfortunately, I really don't think any of
> the alternatives are appropriate.

As a non-committer I can say _anything_ is preferable to the current
situation and svn is good enough.  bzr might make it even easier but svn
is familiar and it will work right now.  I haven't submitted a patch in
ages partly because using anonymous SF cvs plain doesn't work.

aside, at work we switched from cvs to svn and it the transition was
easy for developers, svn lives up to its billing as a fixed cvs.

-jack