[Python-Dev] Re: About the Wise installer on Windows

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Oct 15 20:24:07 CEST 2004

Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, I don't know of an Inno installer for any version of Python.
> Because there was a minor (but endless) stream of complaints that
> building the Python Windows installer required Wise, I checked in the
> "most of the way there, at the time" .iss file so that someone else
> could volunteer to finish it.  Since nobody cared enough to do so, I
> ignored such complaints ever after <wink>.

I think that occurred right about the same time that Wise donated the
more up to date version of their package.  Thus the existing Python
installer no longer generated (ignoreable) errors under NT, for
example, and was brought up to date presentation wise, so that pretty
much resolved the complaints.  At least that definitely did it for me,
and I had been looking at finishing the file at the time.

-- David