[Python-Dev] About the Wise installer on Windows

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:21:04 CEST 2004

[Alexandre Parenteau]
> - The ISS files (Inno) do not seem up to date.

FYI, they were never up to date, and were never used to build a
released installer.

> Is anybody having a ISS version of the installer which works for 2.3.4?

Sorry, I don't know of an Inno installer for any version of Python.
Because there was a minor (but endless) stream of complaints that
building the Python Windows installer required Wise, I checked in the
"most of the way there, at the time" .iss file so that someone else
could volunteer to finish it.  Since nobody cared enough to do so, I
ignored such complaints ever after <wink>.