[Python-Dev] About the Wise installer on Windows

Nick Bastin nbastin at opnet.com
Wed Oct 13 23:40:45 CEST 2004

On Oct 13, 2004, at 5:29 PM, Alexandre Parenteau wrote:

> Thanks for all your responses,
>
> Unfortunately I don't know the specifics of how to get the compilers
> and OS. I am only in charge to find out if Python-Dev has made already
> the work.
>
> I suspect you get the OS and compilers from the MSDN Subscriber
> program.
>
> I will certainly let you know of our experience if/when we decide to
> compile Python on x86_64. It might not be before a while though, so
> probably someone else will be able to report before us.

Oh, well, if you just wanted to know if it worked... :-)  It does work.
  IIRC, you need to play with pyconfig.h a bit for a few 64-bit things,
but it pretty much works out of the box.  It might be easier at this
point to check out the pyconfig.h that's used for the Itanium build - I
don't think that was available when I did the first AMD64 build here.

--
Nick