[Python-Dev] 2.4b1 release, this Friday (AU time) -- imminent TRUNK FREEZING

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Oct 13 19:10:48 CEST 2004

Ok, I'm going to be cutting the Python release Friday (Australian
time). This means that I'm declaring the trunk frozen for the release
in about 24 hours. Lets say at 18:00 hours UTC on Thursday 14th
(that's 14:00 on the US east coast, if my memory is correct, and
about 04:00 where here in Australia).

No-one except for the usual team (Fred, Martin, myself) should check
into the trunk after that. As per usual, I'll probably keep the trunk
frozen for a time after the release, in case of brown-paper-bag issues.

Note that this is the last chance you have to get those behaviour-
changing bugs^Wfixes introduced, so get to it! After b1, it will
become _much_ harder to get new fixes introduced.

And if there's a pending bug or patch that needs some lovin', add
a comment to it or mail me - I think I've responded to, or fixed,
all the ones I've been told about, but if I missed one, tell me
now.

Anthony