[Python-Dev] Current CVS, Cygwin and "make test"

Jason Tishler jason at tishler.net
Sat Nov 20 16:06:37 CET 2004

Nick,

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 12:28:50PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Jason Tishler wrote:
> >What Cygwin version are you using?  1.5.12?
>
> 1.5.11 (also on XP Pro SP1)

Cygwin 1.5.11 has some issues (e.g., pthreads), which is why I skipped
that version... :,)

> I'll try updating all the Cygwin packages and see where that gets me.
>
> <that didn't take long>

Did you upgrade Cygwin to 1.5.12?

> Now it's hanging in configure (and the m4 interpreter was one of the
> things that got updated). *sigh* I need to wake up more before I dig
> into this.

The above is strange, but the m4 package was just taken over by another
maintainer.

> If you (or anyone else) could check that the unit tests work on Cygwin
> for you, that would make me more certain that this is just a problem
> with my own Cygwin setup, and not related to anything in 2.4c1 that
> wasn't in 2.4b1.

I just upgraded one of my machines to Cygwin 1.5.12, but I did not
upgrade the other packages.  I get the following results:

    failures:

        test_shutil (passed under older Cygwin and/or Python versions)
        test_subprocess (new test)
        test_tcl (new test)

    hangs:

        test_threaded_import (passed under older Cygwin and/or Python versions)

I will investigate the above and report back.

Thanks,
Jason