[Python-Dev] Current CVS, Cygwin and "make test"

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 20 03:28:50 CET 2004

Jason Tishler wrote:
> Nick,
>
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 01:03:42AM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>
>>I only got the regression tests working *at all* today, after doing
>>'find .  -name "\.dll" | rebaseall -T -' from my python/dist/src
>>directory to get rid of the Cygwin remap errors when loading DLL's.
 >
> The above is expected behavior, but see below...

I thought so - it was your advice that Google turned up to tell me how to fix it :)

>>I figured I'd ask the folks here for ideas (is Jason still around?),
>>before trying to ask the question from the Cygwin end.
>
> Yes, I'm still around. :,)
>
> What Cygwin version are you using?  1.5.12?

1.5.11 (also on XP Pro SP1)

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 pseudopolis 1.5.11(0.116/4/2) 2004-09-04 23:17 ...

I'll try updating all the Cygwin packages and see where that gets me.

<that didn't take long>

Now it's hanging in configure (and the m4 interpreter was one of the things that
got updated). *sigh* I need to wake up more before I dig into this.

If you (or anyone else) could check that the unit tests work on Cygwin for you,
that would make me more certain that this is just a problem with my own Cygwin
setup, and not related to anything in 2.4c1 that wasn't in 2.4b1.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268