[Python-Dev] 2.4 news reaches interesting places

Ilya Sandler ilya at bluefir.net
Thu Dec 9 04:57:25 CET 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> One thing that bugs me: the article says 3 or 4 times that Python is
> slow, each time with a refutation ("but it's so flexible", "but it's
> fast enough") but still, they sure seem to harp on the point. This is
> a PR issue that Python needs to fight -- any ideas?

On PR side of the issue one idea would be to avoid using the words
interpreted/intepreter less and use the
words compiler/byte-compilation/virtual machine instead...

On non-PR side of the issue (I do think that python slowness is a real
problem for at least some people/domains): would
bundling of Psyco with Python be a good idea?

Ilya