Bug tracking (was: [Python-Dev] Re: Infinie recursion in Pickle)

Mark McEahern marklists@mceahern.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:39:16 -0500

[Kevin Jacobs]
> I think the point was that web-based GUIs tend to be rather mediocre,
> regardless of which toolkit is used.  To some degree I have to
> agree -- you
> typically end up with a very clunky GUI with lots of high latency
> hits to a
> server for updates, or a very complex frontend implemented with a
> large and
> difficult to maintain body of Javascript.
>
> Some progress has been made to improve the situation, although the
> state-of-the-art is far from ideal.
>
> We can take this discussion off python-dev if anyone wants to know more
> about my thoughts on this matter.

I'd be interested to hear more.  There's a current discussion on
comp.lang.python where you may want to post your thoughts:

Here are two different pointers to the beginning of today's installments:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3d21259f%240%2428006%24afc38c87%40news.
optusnet.com.au

  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-July/111256.html

Cheers,