[Python-Dev] add Demo/imputil/importers.py ?

Tim Peters tpeters@beopen.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:07:20 -0400

[Greg Stein]
> I'd throw Tools into the same thing [as Demos]. As a separate distro,
> you can have a faster release cycle. ... you could release Idle
> updates easily and distinctly from the Python core.

Note that Guido gave his blessing for a "wide open" policy on IDLE (== its
own project in SourceForge, and anyone can be a developer).  If that's a
success (& I predict it will be, provided someone actually bothers to set up
the SF project!), I'd like to see it spread to Tools and Demos too.

ignoring-the-downsides-cuz-they'll-make-themselves-known-ly y'rs  - tim