[Python-Dev] add Demo/imputil/importers.py ?

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:01:40 -0700

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 08:07:20PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Greg Stein]
> > I'd throw Tools into the same thing [as Demos]. As a separate distro,
> > you can have a faster release cycle. ... you could release Idle
> > updates easily and distinctly from the Python core.
>
> Note that Guido gave his blessing for a "wide open" policy on IDLE (== its
> own project in SourceForge, and anyone can be a developer).  If that's a
> success (& I predict it will be, provided someone actually bothers to set up
> the SF project!), I'd like to see it spread to Tools and Demos too.

Are you suggesting that IDLE be separate from a Tools/Demo package, or that
the whole bunch be shoved out into the wild?

Hmm... I guess that I don't much have an opinion one way or the other, but
was mostly looking for clarification.

Cheers,
-g

--