[Python-Dev] Request for guidance on documentation

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:34:19 -0400

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 05:38:59PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>correcting minor errors and adding explanatory material.  The question
>is what to do next, and that turns on whether discursive tutorial sections
>are are considered fit for inclusion in the library reference.

That's up to Fred to decide.  I suspect the answer is no, since it
would make the library reference too large and ungainly if every
section had a tutorial.  Regular expressions, socket programming, and
XML processing are all sizable topics in their own right that would be
covered.

I will re-raise the idea of adding the HOWTOs to the documentation
subtree, though; Fred & I have discussed it before, and decided not to
for reasons that I can't remember.

>Can anybody point me at the TeX source for the curses HOWTO?

I'l mail it to you privately.

>Also, I'm not sure where the material for curses.textbox should go.  New
>section?  Or a subsection in the curses document?

Probably a subsection, but again, Fred has final ruling on that.

--amk