[Python-Dev] test_fork1 on SMP? (was Re: [Python Dev] test_fork1 failing --with-threads (for some people)...)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:05:21 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Schneider-Kamp writes:
 > Could SMP be involved? Do you get the same on a non-SMP system?
 > Do others have the same problem with SMP systems?

  I mentioned the possibility at our PythonLabs meeting today that
this may be related; when I observed problems with test_fork1, it was
on an SMP linux box running Mandrake 7.0 with the stock SMP kernel.  I
have *not* seen the problem pop up on the uniprocessor I have now.
  I think Barry may have access to an SMP Sparc machine; if so, we'll
be checking it out there.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>