[Python-Dev] test_fork1 on SMP? (was Re: [Python Dev] test_fork1 failing --with-threads (for some people)...)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:09:39 -0400 (EDT)

Trent Mick writes:
 > So...... who knows more about SMP issues and why we have them? I am
 > inexperienced and clueless here.

  Another possible issue is that at one point configure was using GNU
Pth instead of LinuxThreads by default.  Since Pth is fairly young,
there may be issues there as well.  Pth is no longer preferred over
LinuxThreads.
  For non-Linux users:  LinuxThreads is the default pthreads
implementation on Linux, and GNU Pth is a new "portable"
implementation that I understand is very young and unstable.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member